Passionate about Pioneering Wireless Solutions for Ocean Industries?
Location: On-Site at Straume, Norway
Form of employment: Full-time
Do you aspire to drive positive change? That’s our mission. We’re revolutionising ocean industries by creating a safer workplace, more sustainable environments and enhancing vessel performance through ingenious IoT solutions. Join us on this transformative journey!
At ScanReach, we’re expanding our circle of brilliant tech enthusiasts to advance our cutting-edge onboard wireless connectivity. As a developer at ScanReach, you’ll be an integral part of a highly skilled team with an unwavering commitment to making the ocean greener and safer. Our development team at ScanReach holds the reins of the entire stack – from hardware and firmware to on-premises backend and frontend, all the way to enabling cloud API data integration. And guess what? Our embedded firmware updates happen seamlessly over the air.
Years of relentless development have led to a ground-breaking breakthrough – Onboard Wireless Connectivity (OWC). This revolutionary technology facilitates data collection and transmission within any steel-rich environment, eliminating the need for cabling. We seamlessly link IoT sensor data and existing equipment on vessels and offshore wind turbines, making vital information accessible both onboard and onshore. The data collected is transmitted to our cloud, enriching it at every endpoint.
Be a part of the team to reshape ocean industries through onboard wireless connectivity, elevating safety and efficiency on board.
By joining our team, you’ll belong to a group that takes immense pride in its technological achievements, united by our core values: courage, integrity, and compassion.
The position is expected to be effectively executed through on-site, hybrid, and home office work arrangements.
- Conceptualising and crafting firmware for ScanReach’s IoT devices
- Designing and implementing automation for testing and releases
- Creating and maintaining communication and deployment protocols
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant academic background and a proven track record of projects/products
- Proficiency in designing and developing firmware for microcontrollers and IoT devices.
- Expertise in embedded programming using C and Python scripting.
- Familiarity and experience with Embedded Operating Systems and IoT Development Frameworks
- It is a bonus if you have experience with the following:
- Containerisation Technologies such as Docker
- Open-Source Operating Systems, Version Control Systems such as GIT
- Embedded Systems Concepts and standards for programming small-scale computing devices for specific tasks.
- Networking Technologies and knowledge of wireless mesh networks.
- Hardware Testing Processes and understanding of hardware testing pipelines, ensuring the quality and reliability of electronic components.
- A collaborative team player, proactive, and service-oriented
- Innately curious, innovative, and dedicated to acquiring knowledge.
- You are a positive catalyst for conceptualising and implementing solutions.
- You have excellent problem-solving abilities and can work autonomously.
- Analytical, methodical, and precise
- Self-driven and deeply committed to your craft.
- Initiative-driven and adept at translating ideas into action
In this recruitment, ScanReach is collaborating with Human AS. Applications may be treated confidentially towards the client if requested. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please direct your questions to the Manager in Human,
Morten Myhren +47 482 24 660.
You may also contact the CTO at ScanReach Tom Hagesæther +47 911 93 409
Application deadline: Sept 26, 2023
About Scandinavian Reach Technologies AS
ScanReach is a leading maritime IoT company headquartered in Bergen, Norway. Since 2015, ScanReach has developed the breakthrough wireless IoT platform for complex and confined steel environments in the ocean industries. This enables affordable and user-friendly lifesaving technologies, improved sustainability, and smart sensor solutions onboard vessels and offshore installations.