Chart a Course for Innovation and Success in Maritime IoT: Experienced IT Operations Professional Wanted!
Do you want to make a difference for the better? That is what we do. We transform the ocean industries to become safer, more sustainable and improve vessel performance through smarter solutions. Join us!
Scandinavian Reach Technologies AS, a rapidly expanding technology firm, is seeking an experienced IT Operations Manager to lead the development, automation, and scaling of our IT operation processes. We specialize in providing wireless IoT solutions for the shipping industry, leveraging Azure Microsoft cloud services and utilizing Terraform for infrastructure provisioning.
As a seasoned IT Operations expert, you are well-prepared to advance your career and assume a management role, where you can enhance and optimize our internal IT processes, which are all based on utilizing cloud services.
As the IT Operations Manager, you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our organization as we strive to make the ocean greener and safer. You will be responsible for leading our IT operations and support processes, overseeing customer support and cyber security efforts, managing cloud infrastructure and costs, and automating tasks to improve efficiency.
In ScanReach, you will be part of a highly professional organization and work closely with our Tech DevOps team, which controls our complete software stack, including hardware and firmware development. All our hardware is updated Over-The-Air.
- IT Operations
- IT Support Process
- The Customer Support Process
- Cyber Security
- Cloud infrastructure Management
- Cost management
- Automation of tasks
- Computer science degree or other relevant education
- Experience working with the Linux platform in general
- Good skills in scripting and programming
- Networking and software operations experience
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration
- Experience with continuous deployment processes
- Experience with Microsoft cloud services, Azure AD and infrastructure
- Excellent English and Norwegian, both written and oral
- Team player, service-minded, proactive, and flexible
- Innovative, knowledge-seeking, and curious
- A positive driving force in developing concepts and implementation
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Analytical, accurate and systematic
- Self-propelled and committed to what you do
In this recruitment, ScanReach is collaborating with Human AS. Applications may be treated confidentially towards the client if requested. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please direct your questions to the Senior Consultant in Human, Morten Myhren: +47 482 24 660. You may also contact the CTO at ScanReach Tom Hagesæther +47 911 93 409
Application deadline: March 12th, 2023
About Scandinavian Reach Technologies AS
ScanReach is a leading maritime IoT company headquartered in Bergen, Norway. The company has developed the breakthrough wireless IoT platform for complex and confined steel environments in the ocean industries. This enables affordable and user-friendly lifesaving technologies, improved sustainability, and smart sensor solutions onboard vessels and offshore installations.