Are you our new IT Operations Engineer? Join us to accelerate the ocean industries´ innovation speed using wireless technology!
Do you want to make a difference for the better? That is what we do. We transform the ocean industries to become safer, more sustainable and improve vessel performance through smarter solutions. Join us!
We are expanding our team of highly skilled techies to further delivering state-of-the-art onboard wireless connectivity. As an Employee at ScanReach, you will be part of a highly skilled team who is determent to make the ocean a greener and safer place to be. In the ScanReach Tech DEVOPS team, we have full control of our own complete stack from Firmware and Hardware to backend and frontend. All hardware is updated via OTA.
As a result of years of development, we have succeeded in making the breakthrough Onboard Wireless Connectivity technology (OWC). The OWC enables data to be collected and transferred in any steel environment without cabling. Connecting IoT sensor data and other existing equipment on vessels, rigs, and offshore wind turbines are made easily available both onboard and onshore. The data collected is sent to our cloud and distributed for further enrichment at any endpoint.
We are looking for the right profile to strengthen the operation side of our DEVOPS team. This person will be experienced with traditional IT operations and modern cloud architectures and will be a crucial member of the team to balance stability and assurance of our solutions versus the need for agility. Key work responsibilities will be App deployment and management, advice to make our applications and infrastructure future-proof, and timely resolution of problems prioritised by our Tech team and business. A key objective is to increase developer productivity.
Key work responsibilities // IT Operations Engineer :
- Deployment strategies and refining solutions for deployment process
- Manage our Cloud infrastructure
- Automating and monitoring cloud deployments
- Work to lower the cost of operations by reducing the number of discreet IT tools needed
- Predictive analytics and cost monitoring
- Improve our IT operation processes
- Remove bottlenecks and automate tasks
- Deploying, securing, and managing IoT devices and servers at vessels all over the world
- Operate efficient Continuous Integration (CI) /Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines
- Advance our Cyber security
- Evolve and scale our Performance Monitoring
Competence needs // IT Operations Engineer
- Computer science degree
- Relevant experience in a DevOps setting
- Experience working with the Linux platform in general
- Good skills in scripting and programming
- Understanding of SQL and document databases
- Innovative, knowledge-seeking, and curious
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Analytical, accurate, and systematic
- Networking and software operations experience
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration
- Azure, our other public cloud certifications are desirable
- Experience in managing app versions, driving testing, and transitioning from testing to production.
In this recruitment, ScanReach is collaborating with Human AS. Applications may be treated confidentially towards the client if requested. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please direct your questions to Senior Consultant in Human, Morten Myhren: +47 482 24 660. You may also contact Tom Hagesæther, CTO: email@example.com, +47 911 93 409.
Application deadline: Continuously
About the company:
ScanReach is a leading maritime IoT company headquartered in Bergen, Norway. ScanReach has developed the breakthrough wireless IoT platform for complex and confined steel environments in the ocean industries. This enables affordable and user-friendly lifesaving technologies, improved sustainability, and smart sensor solutions onboard vessels and offshore installations.