ScanReach is a leading maritime IoT company based in Bergen, Norway. The company was founded in 2015 with the mission of developing affordable and user-friendly lifesaving technologies for vessels and offshore installations for instant Personnel OnBoard (POB) control.
Over the last five years we have developed the world’s first wireless IoT platform for complex and confined steel environments (like the inside of vessels and rigs) enabling not only wireless POB control but all kinds of on-board IoT applications (e.g., wireless control of assets, equipment, room conditions and cargo).
ScanReach will during early 2021 establish a Singapore office. We are looking for a senior with extensive experience in the Maritime market to lead this establishment and our entry into the Asia Pacific market with our safety solution ConnectPOB. ScanReach aims to be world leader in this segment and we are always looking for the right people to help us reach this goal. Check www.scanreach.com for more information about the company.
We seek a person who is motivated by our vision, our work, and our values, and who wish to take part in developing our organizational- and global scaling. To reach our goals, we need a person who can set direction, lead, develop organizational culture and use our human and financial resources in the best possible way to establish the ScanReach office in Singapore.
The position is a fixed employment with a minimum of three years based in Singapore. This is a new office location for ScanReach, and we provide a living cost allowance as well as comprehensive pension and insurance plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the operational management of ScanReach’s office by selling and active marketing ScanReach in Singapore and Asia Pacific.
- Ensure compliance as well as legal requirements for agreements towards customers.
- Engage and network with the Maritime industry to achieve sales.
- Continue to position ScanReach for new opportunities in the region by setting direction, prioritizing, and organizing actions and resources.
- Ensure continued visibility as well as representing ScanReach in Asia Pacific with Singapore as a hub.
- Responsible for region market development activities.
- Reporting on conferences, trade shows and/or workshops.
- Participating in and make arrangement for exhibition in the area.
- Develop and maintain territory coverage plan.
- Responsible for achieving annual sales and/or profit goals through efficient sales and satisfaction of customer needs.
- Provide quality service to the Company’s customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding the Company Values at all time.
- Keep close dialogue and cooperation with headquarter in Norway.
- Willing to live in Singapore for at least 3 years.
- Repatriation in Norway after end expat period.
- Excellent oral, written and telephone skills.
- Good communications skills in English and Norwegian (Nordic language).
Relevant network and working knowledge in the maritime industry.
- Expat experience from Singapore would be preferred.
- Experience in sales as well as experience working with management abroad and administration for growth in Singapore/Asia region.
- Proven experience working with organizations and delivering key statistics and achievements.
- Technical understanding for software and hardware.
- Experience in software/hardware sale.
- Loyal to ScanReach’s values and our Code of Conduct
- Exceptional networking skills and experience in maintaining good customer relations and key stakeholder relationships. Culturally sensitive and diplomatic with excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Strong closing skills. Prior attendance at formal sales training courses is an advantage.
- Motivated by managing and developing personnel towards achieving common goals.
- Organizational skills for proper territory planning/management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information relating to our product range as it pertains to the position. Initial and ongoing product training will be provided all the way.
- Internal drive and capability of working independent.
- Exciting opportunity for working within the maritime industry and living in Singapore.
- Important role in the scaling phase of ScanReach globally, starting with Asia Pacific through Singapore.
- Competitive conditions and good insurance and pension benefits.
Competitive expat conditions in Singapore.
- Full support and close cooperation with HQ in Norway.
For questions regarding the position please contact John Roger Nesje, CEO: email@example.com, +47 95923490 or Arild Sæle, CCO: firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 98218774. Application can be sent to Hilde Sæle, CHRO: email@example.com within the 20th of February 2021.